Planning a Wedding?

All fields required.

(?Services to consider when selecting your Total Event Budget range: Venue, Catering, Bar Service, Linens, Flowers, Cake and DJ Entertainment)

  Newsletter Sign Up (?Keep this box checked to sign up for our Wedding Inspiration Newsletter.)

Bride and groom embrace on dock

Reminders and Recommendations

With over 25 years of wedding experience, we have learned a few things. Below are a few wedding reminders that will help you stay organized before and after your wedding day.

Call one of our wedding specialists at (586) 778-7030 if you have any questions.


  • Apply for your marriage license 30 days before your ceremony. You can apply for a marriage license at your county clerk's office or by visiting their website.

    If you live in Michigan you need to contact the county clerk of the county you live in to apply for a marriage license. If you do not live in Michigan the license would be filed with the county in which your wedding is held.
    • You can apply for a marriage license in person or online.
    • It takes 3 days for a marriage license request to be processed.
    • Your license is valid for 33 days.
    • The application fee can range from $20-$30.
  • Click here to access the Macomb County Clerk's website.

  • Make a "day of" schedule for bridal party and vendors. Include any contingency plans so everyone remains in sync on the big day.
  • Compile a list of emergency contacts and phone numbers for vendors. Keep a copy of the number with you, a parent or a member of your wedding party.

Post-Wedding Priorities

  • Your original marriage license needs to be submitted to the county clerk’s office.
  • Request a certified copy of your marriage license from the county clerk’s office. You will need a certified copy to change your name.
    • This request can be made in person, online, or by mail.
    • In Macomb county the first copy is $15 and $5 for each additional copy.

  • There are several different identification documents that will need to be changed. We have created a list for you to use as a guide to help you with those documents. Note: If you are traveling outside the Unites States for your honeymoon, we suggest not changing your name until after your trip.

    Your name change will need to be applied to the following:
  • Based on the company your accounts are with, the process may vary for the items listed below. Be sure to contact each company for the correct process.
    • Insurance (Auto/home/life)
    • Mortgage, house title
    • Bank account
    • Credit Card
    • Investment
    • Payroll
    • Utilities
    • Cell phone
  • There are a few websites that offer a kit that can help you with the name changing process for a small fee. For those of you who are not The “DIY” bride or just do not want the headache of keeping track of all the paper work. The links listed below can make the process a bit easier.
Cruising from April-October
Docking in St. Clair Shores and Downtown Detroit

Corporate Office: 400 Maple Park Blvd. Ste. 404, St. Clair Shores, MI 48081

© 2017 Infinity and Ovation Yacht Charters

The Knot Best of Weddings 2015 PickWeddingWire Couples Choice Awards 2015styleline editors' choicestyleline editors' choiceBest in Deroit